If you’re looking for kitchen design inspiration, below is a list of my favorite trends for 2014. Remember, you can subscribe to receive Kitchen Views blogs via email. Look at the top of the right-hand column to find the place to sign-up. In the weeks to come, we’ll be discussing these trends and providing inspiring photos.
1) Transitional design is growing in popularity. Even with traditional design having a strong arm here in New England, consumers want sleek, clean lines rather than a great deal of detail in the doors.
2) Neutrals, which have played a large role as wall colors, have now jumped into kitchen cabinet finishes. Greys, grey/whites, putty and tans are now preferred colors over pure white for cabinets.
3) Large single bowl sinks still reign king, but now with more interesting materials and textures. Copper, polished chrome, fireclay and soapstone are a few fun finishes consumers are putting in their kitchens.
4) Glass mosaic backsplash is sold everywhere now, but the 2014 twist is to have a single pane of glass with the back painted in any accent color you wish. It is easier to keep clean as it has no grout lines, and it is a sleeker look.
5) Access to Wi-Fi is a must for the kitchen area. More consumers work from their islands, look up recipes on their kindles and they are checking their favorite social media pages over coffee in the morning.
6) Multiple refrigeration is key for the many different diets consumers are following in their homes. From Paleo, Vegetarian, Vegan, to Gluten free and my personal favorite, wineo, you need to plan for different ways to preserve foods. Different humidity levels are key with vegetables and grains while light and temperature are critical to wine and cheese.
Contact Kitchen Views at 1-508-DESIGNS (337-4467) to arrange a personal consultation with a designer who will guide your design journey to a new kitchen you will enjoy for years to come.